A Raffle is being conducted on behalf of the Junior League of Buffalo. This raffle includes an Outdoor Recreation Package or an 8 X 10 Amish built wood shed, or $15,000 towards the purchase of a new car at West Herr Automotive or $10,000 in cash. At the time of the purchase of the raffle ticket, the entrant affirmatively makes his or her prize selection by placing the stub of the purchased ticket in the applicable container for that prize. The raffle begins on February 9, 2019 and ends on May 19, 2019.
THE OFFICIAL RULES OF THE RAFFLE ARE SET FORTH HEREIN.
By entering the Raffle, Participants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and agree to be bound by decisions and interpretation of these Official Rules by the Junior League of Buffalo, Inc.
- The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
- The terms and conditions of the Raffle shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York.
- The Raffle is open to all persons age 18 and older.
- The cost of a raffle ticket is $10.00 for one entry. More than one person may share in the raffle ticket purchase. Prizes will not be issued to anyone other than the Entrant(s) whose name is on the ticket stub.
- The drawing will be held at 6:30 PM on May 19, 2019 at the conclusion of the Junior League of Buffalo/The Buffalo News 2019 Decorators’ Show House. The results will be official after the Junior League of Buffalo has determined in its sole discretion that all eligibility requirements have been met. You need not be present to win.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or telephone at the sole discretion of the Junior League of Buffalo.
- The Prize will be provided in “as is” condition with no guarantees or warranties from the Junior League of Buffalo.
- All federal, state, and local taxes and vehicle registration fees are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
- This is not a tax deductible contribution. Amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries, or similar drawings for prizes are not gifts, and do not qualify as tax deductible charitable contributions.
- Proceeds from the Raffle will benefit the Junior League of Buffalo and its ongoing charitable purposes.
- Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries.
- The winner of the Outdoor Recreation Package must pick up the items in the package by May 25, 2019.
- The winner of the 8 X 10 Amish Built Shed must take delivery by May 30, 2019. The Junior League of Buffalo will pay $250.00 to the winner of the Shed towards the cost of delivery.
- The winner of the Car Lease valued at $15,000 or cash prize of $10,000 must notify the Junior League of Buffalo by May 25, 2019 which prize they would like.
- General Conditions. These Official Rules shall not be changed by any oral statement made by any employee or other person acting on behalf of the Junior League of Buffalo. By participating, Entrants agree: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Junior League of Buffalo which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Raffle or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. Entrants agree to release Junior League of Buffalo, its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Raffle from and against any and all claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Raffle. All Federal, State and Local Taxes associated with receipt or use of the Prize, including without limitation all applicable sales, use, property, luxury, income and special taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner must claim prize with the Junior League of Buffalo and sign and deliver a completed W – 9 Form at the time of settlement. In the case of the car raffle, if the lease is selected, West Herr Automotive, the signed W-9 must be delivered to West Herr Automotive. The Junior League of Buffalo reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false, and any illegible, defective, incomplete or physically altered entry form and entries that do not include valid or complete payment. The Junior League of Buffalo is not responsible for printing errors in any drawing-related material, or for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail, or any other failure to receive orders or delivery receipts prior to the drawing deadline. All sales are final unless otherwise specified in these official rules. The Junior League of Buffalo will reject any drawing ticket request if payment is not honored or is returned due to insufficient funds.
- Pursuant to the New York State Executive Law you are entitled to obtain a copy of the latest annual report filed by the Junior League of Buffalo by written request to the Junior League of Buffalo, 45 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo New York, 14201 or to the New York State Attorney General’s Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, 3rdFloor, New York, New York 10271.