The Do it in a Day Committee puts together small projects/volunteer opportunities that can be completed in one day. We have several events coming up with our some of our community partners:
Call for Volunteers – She Started IT, Buffalo | April 13, 2019
Join us to inspire 6th to 10th grade girls to explore careers in the Tech industry and entrepreneurship. We are delighted that you are interested in volunteering to assist at She Started IT, Buffalo on April 13, 2109. Following are a few opportunities for your consideration:
She Started IT
Date: Saturday, April 13, 2019
Location: Buffalo & Erie County Public Library | 1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo, NY 14203
Volunteer opportunities to consider:
- General Event Volunteer | Volunteer from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.:
- Event volunteers will assist with the registration process, checking in attendees and answering their questions, helping the event facilitators, guiding girls as they transition between programming activities, helping the volunteers who are hosting a demo table and encouraging girls to engage with the volunteers during interactive displays.
- Tech Industry Facilitator | Volunteer from 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.:
- During the lunch portion of the event, facilitators will sit with a group of girls and facilitate a discussion about the video clip from She Started IT, as well as the presentation the girls will be introduced to earlier in the program. We will provide you with a facilitation guide, as well as an online Zoom call training in advance of the session. Following lunch, you will accompany your squad of girls through the hands-on demo tables and continue to answer questions that they might have. You’re not on your own, we’ll assign another volunteer to support you.
We will provide lunch, swag, and a feel good experience!
Register to volunteer: https://tinyurl.com/SheStartedITVolunteer19
Volunteer Information Request:
- First Name
- Last Name
- T-shirt size
- Volunteer preference: General Volunteer or Tech Discussion Facilitator
- If yes to Tech Discussion Facilitator; please provide position title & organization.
Day of Service sign-ups are live on the JLB website! Look under “League Events” on your Member Page in June to sign up now! On Saturday, June 8th, new, active, and sustaining JLB members will work together at 10 different community impact sites between 9am and noon. Join us to celebrate our centennial anniversary by making an impact on our community. Whether you like to paint, garden, sew, or organize, we have a project for you!
To sign-up, log-in to your member page on our website. Under League Events, click on View All and then click to June. Then simply click on the project you’d like to sign-up for! Any questions, please contact Liza Keenan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day of Service – Donation Collection Tempting Treasures
For nearly 30 years, the Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural Site has held one of their most anticipated and enjoyable fundraising events in support of the Site and its mission- Tempting Treasures. Tempting Treasures is one of several shops open during our annual Victorian Christmas (December 5-14). This boutique features old and new items for sale in a warm, intimate atmosphere.
The Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural Site is seeking donations for their 2019 edition of Tempting Treasures. Items should be in pristine condition and small enough to be displayed within their 15’x 30’ Michael J. McDermid Board Room. Antiques, jewelry (both real and costume), signed paintings, midcentury modern items, fine china and glassware, linens, unique/unusual decorative items, and Christmas/holiday decorations would be most desired.
The Site is unable to accept donations of large furniture pieces, small electrical appliances, clothing, recordings, and books and other paper works.
Donations will be collected at the Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural Site on Saturday, June 8th between 11am-noon. In addition, donations can be coordinated at another day/time by contacting Liza Keenan at email@example.com.
Explore Buffalo is organizing Doors Open Buffalo, which will take place on June 15, 2019. For one day, the public will enjoy access free-of-charge to the interiors of dozens of downtown Buffalo‘s most significant buildings like City Hall, the Electric Tower, and M&T’s Goldome Bank, to name a few. Following other Doors Open events in cities like Baltimore and Pittsburgh, it is expected that 15,000 visitors will ateend and that Buffalo will be put on the map as a premier Doors Open city. Hundreds of volunteers are needed to ensure a successful and enjoyable event. Volunteer duties include greeting and counting guests, crowd flow management, and providing a brief description of your assigned building to guests. You can view the complete job description adn register to volunteer via Explore Buffalo‘s website: https://explorebuffalo.org/